Two Minute Pomegranate Margaritas - Caity


Whenever the sun is shining, I crave Mexican food. And whenever I get Mexican food, I need a Margarita (obviously!). And whenever I get a Margarita, I may need a second one (this is starting to sound a little "When You Get a Moose a Muffin"-y to me). But what if I want to enjoy my Mexican food and margarita(s) in the privacy of my own sunny backyard? I can get my food to-go but they tend frown upon giving anyone alcohol to-go. I am condemned to margarita mix or squeezing a thousand limes. OR I can have these delicious Pomegranate Margaritas which require very little effort (hence the two minute title) and have great flavor!

This recipe comes from Kay Hartz, my friend Rachael's mom, who introduced my college roommates and our parents to fast and tasty margaritas that you make by the pitcher. I think she changes the ratio of the tequila to beer, but I usually like to do 1 to 2 cans tequila then the rest cheap beer. Adding the pomegranate juice makes it taste good and you look pretty fancy drinking it. Don't forget the salt (or sugar) rim! 

Impress your friends with these Cheater Pomegranate Margaritas this Cinco de Mayo! Try serving with Pork Carnitas and Carnitas Tacos , The Orange Sauce (aka Crack Sauce), Pico de Gallo and Mexican Style Hominy for a feast you'll want to eat over and over again.

Four years ago: PB&Strawberry Sandwiches

 
what you'll need:

1 can frozen limeade
tequila
cheap beer
Pomegranate juice (optional)
fresh lime wedges
salt or sugar for the rim

Pour frozen limeade concentrate into pitcher. Then follow the directions on the can, making a major substitution - alcohol instead of water.


Depending on who will be consuming these Margaritas, I will change the amount of tequila. During a Saturday BBQ, I may put in 2 cans of tequila. But if it's Sunday night and everyone has to work the next day, I lean toward just 1 can. 

After determining the amount of tequila, fill the rest with beer. For example: my can's instructions say mix 1 can of frozen concentrate with 4-1/3 cans water. So if you used 1 can of tequila, then use 3-1/3 cans of beer. 

Then add pomegranate juice to taste.

 To make a salt/sugar rim, pour a pile of salt or sugar (or a mixture!) onto a plate. Rub a lime wedge onto the rim of each glass. While it is still wet, place the glass rim down into the pile of salt/sugar. Pour the margaritas and cheers!
 
Four years ago: PB&Strawberry Sandwiches


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Orange Sauce (aka Crack Sauce) - Cathy

Grilled Lemon Chicken Salad - Erin

Buttery Snickerdoodle Cake - Erin