Pico de Gallo - Caity

I made this once and I was hooked forever. All the ingredients are so fresh and crunchy that I guarantee you'll have a very hard time not eating the whole bowl. The first batch I made, I put too much jalapeno in but I couldn't stop myself eating it so I balanced the heat by drinking straight from the milk jug. It is that good! 

Now I keep all the ingredients on hand so I can chop up a bowl of Pico de Gallo on my slightest whim. The lime juice and cilantro add a nice tang to the tomato and onion mixture and on a tortilla chip or in a burrito it is heaven.

The recipe is from the Pioneer Woman's cookbook.



 what you'll need:

5 roma tomatoes 
1/2 large white onion
cilantro
1 or 2 jalapenos (depends on how hot you like it!)
salt
lime juice

Dice the tomatoes, onions and jalapenos and put them in a bowl. If you like it hot, keep the ribs and seeds of the jalapenos in the mix. If not, toss them. 

Chop the cilantro and add as much as you like. Squeeze the lime juice into the bowl. Add salt and taste with a tortilla chip so you don't make it too salty. Enjoy!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Orange Sauce (aka Crack Sauce) - Cathy

Grilled Lemon Chicken Salad - Erin

Buttery Snickerdoodle Cake - Erin