Hamachi Shots - Jaymie

I first encountered these delicious Hamachi Shots at Alexander's Steakhouse in Cupertino, CA.  My version is not as great as the ones I had there, but I continue to recreate the happiness I felt as I downed that first hamachi shot.  This is my interpretation of the Hamachi/Salmon Shooters recipe I found on Tastebook, while searching for hamachi shots for Keegan's 25th birthday dinner.

Since finding this recipe, Keegan and I have made it for his entire family and it has become a Walsh favorite.


hamachi shots

Serves 6 people  (or 3 people x 2 shots, 2 people x 3 shots)



The basic ingredients (feel free to add/remove as needed):
6 slices sashimi grade hamachi
1 small slice of ginger, cut into julienne slivers
1 green or red jalapeno, thinly sliced
6 tsp yuzu ponzu sauce
9 sprigs of radish shoots
Hawaiian salt or any other rock salt for taste
truffle oil

Set aside 6 large shot glasses


In each shot glass, add 1 tsp of yuzu ponzu sauce


 Add 2-3 sprigs of radish shoots

Add 1 slice of hamachi




Add 1 slice of jalapeno



In a small pot/pan add a little bit of olive oil and on low heat, cook ginger slivers until light brown



Add 1-2 slices of ginger


Sprinkle with Hawaiian salt and drizzle lightly with white truffle oil

Mix together with chopstick or small spoon until truffle oil is evenly distributed and everything sticks together.

Comments

  1. Interesting post and thanks for sharing. Some things in here I have not thought about
    before.Thanks for making such a cool post which is really very well written.
    will be referring a lot of friends about this.Keep blogging.
    Hamachi

    ReplyDelete
  2. OHMYLANTA THESE WERE AMAZING! It was as if I had eaten a piece of heaven! Thank you for sharing this FANTASTIC treat!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Orange Sauce (aka Crack Sauce) - Cathy

Grilled Lemon Chicken Salad - Erin

Buttery Snickerdoodle Cake - Erin