Sunrise Shirley Temple/Mimosa - Caity


There is a restaurant in San Francisco called the Buena Vista Cafe that is famous for their Irish Coffees. It is close to Fisherman's Wharf and worth a stop if you're in the neighborhood, especially if you're over 21. 

I remember going a couple of times when I was little when my family was in San Francisco. My parents would both get an Irish Coffee (even my dad who doesn't usually drink coffee; he doesn't really need more energy) and Erin, Keegan and I would get a special (non-alcoholic) drink that was so delicious and colorful! A couple of years ago I was talking with my mom about our San Francisco trips and the amazing drink we used to get at the Buena Vista Cafe, and she said it was a Shirley Temple with orange juice. I think I went out that day and bought all the stuff to make it and enjoyed them all afternoon long! 

I like making these Sunrise Shirley Temples for brunch parties because they look so pretty and it looks like you worked really hard to make them. For the legally-aged crowd, you can substitute champagne for the Sprite to get a whole new and wonderful combination. 

Two years ago: Texas Sheet Cake


Makes 1 serving

what you'll need:

1 part orange juice (the higher quality, the better it will taste!)
3 parts lemon-lime soda or champagne
1 to 2 tsp Grenadine syrup

Pour 1 part orange juice into a clear glass. 


Add in 3 parts lemon-lime soda or champagne. 


Slowly pour in the Grenadine syrup, allowing it to settle at the bottom for a pretty, sunrise effect. Enjoy cold with some good food (perhaps a little Christmas Morning Brunch Bake? Or maybe some Pumpkin Bread Pudding?)

 One year ago: Wild Rice and Broccoli Casserole
Two years ago: Texas Sheet Cake


Hello there little Gnome! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Orange Sauce (aka Crack Sauce) - Cathy

Grilled Lemon Chicken Salad - Erin

Buttery Snickerdoodle Cake - Erin