Caramelized Grapefruit with Yogurt - Caity


I wasted the majority of my childhood hating grapefruit until I discovered broiled grapefruit with caramelized brown sugar. Mmmmmm! I loved it as a light breakfast with a piece of toast before an active day. I didn't think broiled grapefruit could get any better... I was wrong. 

This recipe is the best broiled grapefruit I have ever tasted! It takes only slightly longer than a regular broiled grapefruit to make, but it is tastier, more satiating and easier to eat. 

From Paul, Stella and Mary McCartney's cookbook "Meat Free Mondays". 

Two years ago: Green Posole with Chicken



Serves 2 for a light breakfast

what you'll need:

1 pink grapefruit
1/2 cup fat-free plain or vanilla Greek yogurt
1 Tbsp (or more) brown sugar

Preheat the broiler on your oven. 

Cut the grapefruit in half horizontally. Remove any visible seeds. 


Using a small sharp knife, gently cut all around the outside of the fruit and between each segment, being careful not to pierce the grapefruit peel. 


Gently remove the segments from the peel and discard as much pith and membrane as possible. 

Mix in the 1/2 cup of Greek yogurt. 


Replace the mixture equally into the two grapefruit shells. 

Sprinkle with 1 Tbsp (or more in my case). 



Pop into the preheated, hot broiler for several minutes until the sugar starts to bubble (or if there's too much liquid, melt). 

Serve immediately. Enjoy! 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Orange Sauce (aka Crack Sauce) - Cathy

Grilled Lemon Chicken Salad - Erin

Buttery Snickerdoodle Cake - Erin