Grilled Zucchini and Hummus Pizzas - Erin


The first time I made these I was basically planning on having to add something else in order to make it a little more interesting or substantial.  And much to my delight, that was totally unnecessary!  I know I always say this, but it's so easy and so delicious!  


what you will need:

zucchini
yellow squash
olive oil
salt
freshly ground black pepper
hummus
naan or pita bread


Heat up the grill (or griddle pan) to a medium-high heat.  Slice the zucchini and squash into about 1/3" rounds.   Toss them in olive oil, and sprinkle some salt and pepper in the mix too.  I always do extra zucchini and squash, since I seem to let more than a few slip through the gaps in the grill. 

Lay the zucchini rounds out on the grill and cook until they lift off relatively easily and have some nice grill marks on them.  I usually cook them for about 2 minutes per side.  Once they're done, pull them off the grill and set aside while you prep the bread.  Don't turn the grill off yet, I like to throw the pizzas back on to warm up once they're assembled.

Spread a decent layer of hummus on each piece of naan or pita bread, and arrange the zucchini rounds however densely you prefer.  Slide them back onto the grill, just for a minute or two to warm it all through and crisp up the bread a little bit.  Then the only two steps left are to slice them up and eat!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Orange Sauce (aka Crack Sauce) - Cathy

Grilled Lemon Chicken Salad - Erin

Buttery Snickerdoodle Cake - Erin