Pumpkin Spice Creamer - Caity


I feel like I can't get enough pumpkin spice lattes lately. I will wake up early to get to Starbucks so I can get my fix before work. Then my mom sent me this recipe from the website, The Kitchn, and not only does it save me money but it gets me an extra 15 minutes of sleep which is amazing! 

You can use the pumpkin spice mix right away and make 2 lattes, or what I did was make 1 latte right away (yum!) then put the rest in the fridge and used it the next morning. 

makes 1 to 2 servings

what you'll need:

2 cups milk
2 Tbsp canned pumpkin
2 Tbsp sugar or sugar substitute
2 Tbsp vanilla extract (yes tablespoons!)
1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice, plus more to garnish
1-2 shots espresso or 1/2 cup of strong brewed coffee
whipped cream to garnish (optional)

In a saucepan, whisk together milk, pumpkin and sugar and cook on medium heat, stirring, until steaming. 

Remove from heat and stir in vanilla and pumpkin spice. Whisk the mixture with a wire whisk to make slightly foamy (or you could carefully transfer it to a blender but don't burn yourself!). 

Pour into two mugs and add the espresso or coffee on top. 

Top with whipped cream and sprinkle with pumpkin pie spice or cinnamon. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Orange Sauce (aka Crack Sauce) - Cathy

Grilled Lemon Chicken Salad - Erin

Buttery Snickerdoodle Cake - Erin