Seven Layer Bean Dip - Caity


My freshman year of college, I went to a Super Bowl party at a friend's house and my mom suggested I make this easy Seven Layer Bean Dip. I've never gone back since. I make it every year and it's always a big hit. It's easy to throw together and tastes better than the store bought stuff. When you make it yourself you can make the layers as thick or thin as you like (extra guacamole for me please!). 

Enjoy with chips and ice cold beer, while you watch the Super Bowl or the Puppy Bowl (my personal favorite). 


what you'll need:

1 can of refried beans
1 package of taco seasoning
3 avocados
1/2 lemon, juiced
1/2 tsp Kosher salt
1 bottle of canned salsa
sour cream
Mexican blend cheese
Green onions
1 can of sliced black olives
Tortilla chips

In a bowl, mix together the can of refried beans and 1/2 package of taco seasoning. Mix until evenly blended. 



Peel and remove the seed from 3 avocados. Add in 1/2 tsp kosher salt and the juice of 1/2 of a lemon. Mash the avocados using a fork or potato masher. 



On a rimmed platter, or baking dish, spread the bean/taco seasoning mix out in an even layer. 



Then spread guacamole



And salsa



And sour cream (this layer is difficult to do on top of the salsa)


Cover with cheese



Finish with chopped olives and sliced green onions. 



Enjoy with plenty of tortilla chips! 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Orange Sauce (aka Crack Sauce) - Cathy

Grilled Lemon Chicken Salad - Erin

Buttery Snickerdoodle Cake - Erin