Baby Bok Choy and Snow Peas - Caity


I always thought baby bok choy were so cute. I never bought them until I found this recipe in Jaden Hair's "The Steamy Kitchen Cookbook". It's so easy and tasty and goes perfectly with my favorite salmon recipe, Asian Grilled Salmon (here). The baby bok choy and snow peas only take a couple of minutes to soften up so I'll start cooking them as soon as I take the salmon off the grill. Add a little bit of rice and BAM! Dinner is served! 

Serves 4


what you'll need: 

1 Tbsp. high-heat cooking oil
2 cloves of garlic, finely minced
1 tsp. fresh grated ginger (I use my microplane zester, but if you don't have one, just mince finely)
3/4 lb baby bok choy, leaves separated and washed
1/2 lb snow peas
1/2 cup chicken stock or water
2 Tbsp. oyster sauce
1/2 tsp sesame oil


Add the cooking oil, garlic and ginger into a large frying pan. Turn the heat to medium-high and sautee the garlic and ginger being careful NOT to overcook or burn the garlic. 


When the oil is hot, add the boy choy leaves and saute for 1-2 minutes. 


Then add in the snow peas, 1/2 cup chicken stock or water, and oyster sauce. The snow peas cook faster than the bok choy so putting them in after the bok choy prevents them from being overcooked. 

Cover and cook for 1-2 min until the bok choy is crisp-tender at the stem. 

Drizzle on the sesame oil and serve hot. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Orange Sauce (aka Crack Sauce) - Cathy

Grilled Lemon Chicken Salad - Erin

Buttery Snickerdoodle Cake - Erin