Coconut Whipped "Cream" - Caity


I love whipped cream. I love coconut. When I saw the recipe on Pinterest, I knew I had to try it.  

Its tasty, easy to make, and dairy free for your lactose intolerant friends (shout out to Kamauri and Erika!!!!). 

I whipped it up and threw raspberries on top and ate it that way, but I've read it is good in coffee too (or hot chocolate!). 

Just note that the can of coconut needs to be refrigerated overnight! 


what you'll need:

1 can of full fat coconut milk
1-4 Tbsp white sugar
1/4 tsp vanilla extract
fruit of your choice

After refrigerating the can of coconut milk overnight, scoop out all the thickened coconut cream leaving behind the coconut water. You can drink this water or use it in smoothies. Or you can toss it but I have heard it's a good hangover remedy..... 

In a medium bowl, mix together the coconut cream, vanilla extract and white sugar. Depending on how sweet you want your whipped cream add anywhere from 1-4 (or more) Tbsp of sugar. Turn on the mixer and whip that baby up until its light and fluffy! 

Serve while cold. 

One year ago: Garlic Grands




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Orange Sauce (aka Crack Sauce) - Cathy

Grilled Lemon Chicken Salad - Erin

Buttery Snickerdoodle Cake - Erin