Sunday, December 25, 2011

Chai Concentrate - Caity


My mom found this recipe online in the Oregonian and sent it to me. I intended to make it for my friend Becca but I ended up making myself 4 cups of chai yesterday with her present. Needless to say, I had to make another batch. It's so easy to make and use AND it stores for up to 6 months! I'm on my second cup already this morning and looking forward to a couple more. 

Also, if you're not a tea drinker, it's good in coffee too.

Merry Christmas everyone! 



what you'll need: 

1-14 oz can of sweetened condensed milk
1 tsp. ground cardamom
1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp. ground cloves
1/2 tsp. ground nutmeg

Pour the entire can of condensed milk into a jar with a sealing lid. Stir in the cardamom, cinnamon, cloves and nutmeg. 


To use: Brew a cup of strong black tea (for example: Assam), stir in 2 heaping teaspoons or more of the chai concentrate. Stir until mix and enjoy!

To store: Keep sealed in the refrigerator for up to 6 months. 

One year ago: Pumpkin Bread Pudding


3 comments:

  1. I am very enjoyed for this site. Its year informative topic. It help me very much to solve Some Problems. Its so fantastic and Opportunity are working style so speedy


    Chai

    ReplyDelete
  2. what to say i praise of this blog, which contains a lot of amazing information as well as the thoughtful writes.

    Chai

    ReplyDelete
  3. This works with rooibos tea also. I just enjoyed a cup on this chilly island morning, So simple and so delicious.

    ReplyDelete