Spicy Edamame - Jaymie

After months and months of requests from Aunty Cathy and the rest of the Walsh clan, the Spicy Edamame post is FINALLY going up.  I'm sorry I did not post sooner, but nevertheless, here it is.


Edamame is not only a great appetizer to bring to family gatherings, but also a wonderful snack to enjoy at home.  Hot or cold these little beans will keep you coming back for more.


This recipe is a combination of an Edamame recipe that my best friend Gwyn made for me during college, and a recipe I dissected from the pupu-style edamame that I purchased from the Safeway back home on Oahu.  I could never make it quite the way Gwyn did or like the one from Safeway, but I think my version suits my tastes!



what you will need:

The amount you need varies, depending on how spicy, galicy or salty you like your edamame.  Measurements below are just a starting point, so feel free to experiment and make it you own!

2 lbs frozen edamame (soybeans)
8 large cloves (3 tbsp) of garlic minced
3  1/2 tbsp low sodium Kikoman shoyu (soy sauce)
3 - 4 tbsp oyster sauce
1 tsp shichimi togarashi (Japanese red pepper mix)
1 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
Dash of ground black pepper


Boil the edamame for about 5 minutes, or use the cooking instructions on the back of the package.  Drain the water and transfer cooked edamame into a large mixing bowl along with all of the ingredients.  Before adding ingredients, make sure to drain edamame well, so you don't get a watered down sauce!  

 Mix well and enjoy!





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Orange Sauce (aka Crack Sauce) - Cathy

Grilled Lemon Chicken Salad - Erin

Buttery Snickerdoodle Cake - Erin